It’s been so long since we’ve posted. A lot has happened very quickly, and we are in great need of prayer. Chris’s condition has continued to worsen as we’ve awaited the report from California, and we realized yesterday morning after experiencing shortness of breath that he needed to go to the hospital. We learned that he was dangerously sick, and he has been admitted to the ICU here. There are too many things to go into specifically, but the priority is getting his kidneys functioning and his potassium levels down. I thank God we’re here.
We learned this morning that the California report came back inconclusive. We are seriously considering transferring Chris to MD Anderson in Houston, once he is stable and comfortable enough to travel. Our doctor (along with several other healthcare professionals we’ve consulted) thinks it’s a good idea. Still, it feels like a very big decision, and a very big thing to do, especially as we consider our most precious little ones. Please pray for us in this next day or two as we weigh all of this out. Please pray for Chris’s health and comfort. He is very weak and very sick but suffering with grace. Please pray for our precious children who are aching with all of this. I got to be with them this afternoon until I tucked them in tonight. My heart can never be where it fully wants to be when we are so divided in this way. I think this has been the hardest day of my life.